Things continue to go well with AngularOnRails.com. Like I said in my last post, I did a book launch on 6/28/2016. Seven people pre-ordered my book (total sales: $273) which I’ll be delivering on September 1st.
At the time I did the launch I had about 300 subscribers to my list and was getting about two new subscribers a day (14 per week). About a week ago I redesigned the homepage for AngularOnRails.com to be optimized for conversion and that week I got 39 subscribers. That’s a 2.79X better than 14/week. There wasn’t a meaningful change in traffic, so that improvement can be pretty safely attributed to the conversion rate.
As of today I have 370 subscribers. I guess in a month I can expect to have (39 * 4.333) + 370 ~= 540 subscribers and in a year I can expect to have at least 2400 subscribers, although I hope and expect that my traffic and conversion rate will go significantly up between now and a year from now.
My planned next steps are:
- Release the book on September 1st (with announcements to my list beforehand)
- Promote the book via podcasts, guest posting, and I’m-not-sure-what-else
- Pre-sell a relatively high-priced course
- Continue to post new content
- Expand and improve the book